Forest Stewardship Council Certified Member
Versalink is a certified member of the Forest Stewardship Council and share their ideals, which are:
- Environmentally appropriate forest management ensures that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest's biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.
- Socially beneficial forest management helps both local people and society at large to enjoy long term benefits and also provides strong incentives to local people to sustain the forest resources and adhere to long-term management plans.
- Economically viable forest management means that forest operations are structured and managed so as to be sufficiently profitable, without generating financial profit at the expense of the forest resource, the ecosystem, or affected communities. The tension between the need to generate adequate financial returns and the principles of responsible forest operations can be reduced through efforts to market the full range of forest products and services for their best value.
Some of Versalink's environmentally-friendly practices include:
- Using particleboards made from rubber trees that are replanted and reforested or where wood is a waste by-product of a primary production. We promote no new tree harvested for the production of particleboard.
- Using fibreboard complying with stringent JIS A5908 standard for environment-friendly products based on the "Environmental JIS Development Action Program" developed by Japanese Industrial Standards Committee.
- Aligning with third-party certification organizations including the International Organization for Standards (ISO).
- Associating with suppliers that place an importance on conservation as an important facet of their core value.
- Using fully recycled materials for all packing requirements, from paper rolls and cartons to protective foams.
- Our machines are all fitted with dust extraction devices capable of removing dust and vapor. We invested in a modern integrated dust collector and incinerator system to minimize or eliminate undesirable emission thus providing a healthier working environment and the surrounding air quality.
- Minimizing waste and production of pollutants in our daily operations as well as implementing energy-saving measures and approved waste disposal methods.